Word – combinations
1. come to the conclusion that
2. conduct an experiment
3. conduct research
4. do an experiment
5. do research
6. keep a record of
7. field of research
8. win the Nobel prize
9. make a discovery
10. find out
11. carry out research
12. carry out an experiment
Complete the sentences with appropriate words :
1.Copernicus ___________ to the conclusion that the Earth rotates around the Sun .
2. We know a lot about Charles Darwin*s work , because he ________ records of all his research .
3. James Clerk Maxwell*s most important ________ of research was electromagnetism .
4. Albert Einstein _________ the Nobel prize in physics in 1921 .
5. In 1922 British archaeologists ___________an important discovery in Egypt : they found the tomb of the pharaoh of Tutankhamun .
6. A. Fleming found ________ that some types of mould kill bacteria .
7. Richard Feynman specialized _______ quantum electrodynamics .
8. Specialists are carrying _______ new research into ways of fighting malaria .